Philippians 4:8 says to meditate on the things that are pure, lovely,noble, admirable, true, honest, just, of good report, things that have any virtue, and anything praiseworthy. Now meditate doesn’t just mean to think about something then move on to the things that you have to do for the day. Meditate almost means to dwell…like when your trying to figure something out, like putting pieces of a puzzle together or like the FBI agents on the TV show Criminal Minds. But the things we dwell or meditate on with our thoughts shouldn’t be of things that only cause hurt, pain, sorrow, or sadness; our thoughts should focus on those things said in Philippians 4:8. Make these things the focus of what you let travel through your mind. Don’t allow negative, deceitful, nor doubtful things rest in your heart. “Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.” Colossians 3:2(nkjv) As Christians, who have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we have been given a special kind of peace, joy, and love that only comes from God. We have all these wonderful gifts from our Heavenly Father, yet some or even most of us still operate how the world operates, instead of operating like a child of God. This should not be. Whenever you are feeling down or upset don’t dwell on whatever is making you feel that way choose to accept the good gift God has given us, receive His Joy, His peace, His love, receive it and rejoice in the Lord! God is a giver of good gifts(James 1:17) to His people. If you are reading this have you realized that God has given us more mercy, more of His love and grace this morning! He has allowed us to experience the beauty of His works, to hear the sound of the birds chirping outside, to smell fresh air. God has given His people another day to do His will, to worship and praise Him, to shout for joy because whatever you are going through He will help you and deliver you(Psalm 107:20, Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 46:1) Yes, I believe life would be better! 🙂
- John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
- John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart I have overcome the world.”
- 2 Corinthians 9:8( nkjv) “God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.”
- Psalm 107:20 “He sent His Word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”
- James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father in Heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
Glory and praise to God the Highest above all!